Swirling in my mind like a god damned shark around prey.
The opening line:
“Now that I got the gig with the son’s room, it’s time to execute – and plot my moves to score more rooms in that great big under-decorated house.”
The story goes on. The husband gets pissed at the wife for spending so much money and the wife retaliates by spending more money. All the while the designer plots how to keep the money rolling.
And we wonder why designers have a shitty reputation for spending wads o’ cash and, uh, not listening.
So, bringing a designer on board? Here’s your checklist:
- Is she listening to what you need or what she thinks is in your wallet?
- Is he paying attention or is he scoping out the room across the hall?
- Is she ensuring you’re both on the same page or is she winking at one of you?
- Is he offering ideas that resonate with your vibe or is he speaking over you?
- Check the teeth. Suspiciously pointy? Back away. Back far, far away.
Remember, as in everything, your intuition will never, ever fail you. Fangs or no fangs. Because hey, if that’s your thing…